Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's been a while....

Soooo Sorry!! I have be so crazy on the new site, but crazy in a great way. Have you had a moment to take a look?? As the New York Bridal Fashion Examiner, I've been meeting with designers, vendors, and if there is a bridal event in NYC, I'm there. I do feel like Carrie Bradshaw (yup Sex and the city is playing in the background on my tv) of the bridal world. As I tell people, I don't claim to know everything, but I'm having a blast while I share what I do. If you would like, you can subscribe to the page AND you don't have to be a New York bride to benefit from the tips. So stop by, share the link with your friends and I'm always looking for new things to write about, so send me a note or post if here.

Oh my gosh...do you remember the piece I wrote "Miss Patty" back in December? Well, it was submitted and accepted to be a part of an anthology book being prepared by Sloane Kettering Memorial hospital. While going through treatment I met a wonderful woman Judith who is my writing coach and is helping me write my book (which I've got to write some chapters this week - I know, I know!!). She is in charge of this evening for cancer survivors and their families and she asked me if I wanted to be a part of the evening and reading. So I submitted 3 pieces - 2 were accepted and Miss Patty will be read - by - an actor (she won't tell me who, says it will be a surprise. My dream would be Maya Angelou to read it - I would simply be over the moon, but I don't think it's Maya) that night at the event. So I will absolutely keep you posted on that as I get more information.

What else is going on?? Like so many people worldwide, still interviewing, looking for a 'real gig', trying to keep my spirits up and not stress about it. That's difficult for someone like me who seems to 'worry' about everything and everyone. I am trying to limit that, but some days it's just too hard. When I think about the bonuses that were given out at AIG, and OH MY GOD...Bernie Madoff having the NERVE to ask to be let out of jail until his sentencing...What $3000 bottle of wine are you drinking?? You have taken life savings of people - including some of your own family, and you want to be let out of jail to go back to your $7M appt? I think the judges were right to make him stay in prison. I don't think there is any reasonable person who thought they would allow him to be out - flight risk or not. A part of me wants to feel sorry for him, but I just can't. He deserves what he gets and he should be glad that the lights are on and cameras are watching him 24X7. Bernie when you do bad things, bad things will happen to you. He created this reality and sadly he will have to live in it.

The only other thing that has left me a bit sad (and I didn't know her personally, but have seen her around the city) was the death of Natasha Richardson this week. She and her husband Liam Neeson were so sweet to people that recognized them. I think the great thing about living in NYC is that we are so used to seeing celebrities that we are rarely shocked if you see one in line at the bank or supermarket. Like I said I didn't know her personally, but it touched me. I really hope that her family and friends are surrounded by her memory and are comforted that she isn't in pain.

I know, kinda sad way to end the blog this week huh? You know what...it's almost 1am and I really can't think of anything else to write so I think I'll leave it here.

This next week will be a good one - I can feel it! I wish you a GREAT WEEK and I'll see ya again soon.

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP