Sunday, April 19, 2009

Talent comes in Two to Britian's Got Talent.

I have been gone so long from you that I feel terrible and will try to be better. The column I'm writing has taken on a life of it's own, with me working harder than I'e ever...but I love it! While this is a short blog, I want you to check out two people from Britain's Got Talent. Shaheen Jafargholi - this kid is AMAZING!!! I also Love Susan Boyle and have not seen the others that are on this show; I would love to see them both win. Watch it - Simon does stop him in the first 20 seconds, but wait to see what happens. Simon really does have an ear - who knew?? I may be a bit cynical (no comments please), but I really think that this show (the British version) showcases new and undiscovered REAL talent. The American Idol version just seems so 'canned'. What do I know...my singing makes dogs howl...

I wish I knew how to embed video - if I did....I would post it - PLEASE go to the link

Shaheen Jafargholi Auditions For Britians Got Talent With Amy Winehouse's Version Of Valerie But Then Simon Cowell Asks Him To Sing His Other Song Which Is a Michael Jackson Song And The Judges Love Him And Also The Audience Give Him A Standing Ovation

Of course here is our girl Susan Boyle...I don't know if you know the words to the actual song from Les Miserables - so here they are as well. If you want to hear the cast version - here is is...close your eyes and you will hear Susan soooo close. I just wish I had talent like this. Anywho...enjoy them both.

Here are the lyrics...I can relate to the character Fantine...can't we all at some level or another. We all have dreams, and some die and then some others are born in another form.
[Fantine is left alone, unemployed and destitute. She sings...]

There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP