Monday, October 26, 2009

Cheddar and Hard Cider Fondue

Well, I wanted to share something that is yummy and pretty easy to make. I want to thank the Food Network for the recipie. OH...if any of you are making it...invite me for dinner. I'll bring wine and dippers.


  • 1 (12-ounce) bottle hard cider
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 pound Gruyere, grated
  • 1/2 pound sharp Vermont or New York yellow cheddar
  • 3 tablespoons corn starch
  • 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • Salt
  • 1 tablespoon Bourbon, whiskey or apple jack, optional

Fondue Dippers:

  • Cooked chicken and apple sausages, chorizo, or mini hot dogs; sliced baguette or black bread, radishes, roasted shallots, roasted mushrooms or small fingerlings or baby potatoes, pears, apples or pretzels.

Directions

Heat cider, broth, Worcestershire, and garlic in a medium pot over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Toss the cheeses together in a medium bowl. Sift the corn starch over the cheese, and toss to coat lightly.

Using a wooden spoon, sprinkle some cheese mixture into the warm liquid and continue to stir in small amounts of cheese until it is all incorporated and the fondue is smooth and melted, about 15 minutes. Stir in cayenne, salt and Bourbon, if using.

Transfer to a fondue pot or double boiler and serve with desired dippers.

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP