Monday, December 14, 2009

Farewell Montreal...

The phone blares at 6:00am. In all of my brilliance decided I wanted to spend an early morning photo shooting. Well, that didn't happen. Instead, I lounged in bed until 7am when the sun started to rise. Sunrises and sunsets are my favorite times of the day. Yes, it may have something to do with orange being my favorite color, but more than that, each holds it's own 'promise of things to come'.


My last day to run around, and take photos of beautiful Montreal. They don't have Christmas windows like NY, but some of their decorations in their malls are lovely. Oh....I will say that the 5 block underground city is amazing. All you do is enter, and you really never have to come out for hours. There are tons of stores, every block section has it's own food court, and they range from the reasonably priced to the uber expensive mall. Last breakfast, bookstore visit - I had to check out their bridal magazine collection. Today, it's 14 degrees. While I will miss lots here, the weather is not among them.

With good-by said to the staff, the ride back to the airport has me filled with mixed feelings. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. This trip was a success and I was only sick once. I learned a lot, had fun, met some really cool people, wrote a letters to my friends and will walk away with the knowledge that I can do trips alone...no with myself, once again. I guess when you get so used to traveling with a road-dog, the first time solo...is like the first time once again. Not that I wouldn't mind a girls-trip again...I know that it will come again, in time.

Ah....There are lots of beautiful skylines. I'm always excited to see the cities from 25,000 feet in the air, but there are none more beautiful than NYC. It's great to come home no matter how much fun I had. I'm looking forward to 2010 and all the new adventures that will come and maybe - no I'll absolutely visit Montreal again (just when it's much warmer).

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP