Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Uncle Teddy Kennedy and Michelle Obama in 'da HOUSE!!!

I must confess that I have not watched every CNN news bulletin or debate over the last 19 months. For me it seemed that they boys (Obama and Edwards) were not focused on getting their message out as much as they were interested in attacking Hillary. Not all play nice in the governmental sand box, but sometimes they were down right catty. If I had the strength today to discuss infidelity in marriages I would, but that’s for another blog…promise!

In the two months since Clinton conceded the nomination, she and Obama have danced a political minuet. The New York senator has sided with her primary campaign rival, as Obama has at once battled forward in an increasingly negative campaign against Republican John McCain and looked over his shoulder to hordes of Clinton backers who refuse to join with him.
Her speech and much anticipated appearance tonight will surely be picked apart – every word, gesture and look. Then again, that’s what the news did last night with Sen. Edward Kennedy and Michelle Obama.

Speaking of…Thanks CNN for the use of your pictures :-)


Senator Ted Kennedy – looked WONDERFUL and delivered a speech that evoked the legacy of his late brother and abundant optimism about the future. For a brief moment you forgot that he is battling brain cancer. I can understand his wife cautiously assisting him as he walked on stage, but you know ‘Uncle Teddy’. He is a spit-fire who wanted no help. He was going to do this his way or no way and he rocked it!! He brought over 20,000 people in the arena to its feet for a sustained ovation. I actually loved his speech and my favorite Uncle Teddy line was “Yes, we are all Americans. This is what we do. We reach the moon. We scale the heights. I know it. I've seen it. I've lived it. And we can do it again.” I have to believe that this is true. Have you ever wondered what this world, this country be like had MLK, and the Kennedy brothers lived?

Hmmmm…..

After much anticipation, a video narrated by her mother, and a wonderful introduction by her brother it was that time – show time – Michelle Obama time.

Michelle Obama is in two words - CLASS ACT. Last night Michelle said that Barack would be an extraordinary president and is still the same man she fell in love with 19 yrs ago. She told the story of him inching along at a snails pace as he drove their new daughter home from the hospital feeling the whole weight of her future in his hands, determined to give her everything he'd struggled so hard for himself. I think that last night, it was Michelle who was in the drivers seat. She knew that everything she said, every look, every pause, her dress, hair, and even the outfits the girls wore would be under a microscope. I’m sure she felt that her introduction into their life, family and beliefs was weighted on her just as much as it was for Barack all those years ago. She did a great job, not only reaching out to all those in the convention center and those watching at home. Michelle was masterfully able to connect Barack's story with core American values of hard work and upward mobility. My favorite Michelle line was when she told the crowd, her children's children and future generations will tell the story of "how this time we listened to our hopes, instead of our fears. How this time, we decided to stop doubting and to start dreaming."

I must say in my humble opinion she eloquently and powerfully made her case. She is a mom, wife, partner, sister daughter, and quite possibly the next First Lady of the United States of America.

Of course tonight is Hill’s night. Make no mistakes about it. I can’t wait to hear what she says, but I’m sure she will ask for a united party. No matter what ‘United We Stand, Divided…’ you know the rest.

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP