Sunday, October 19, 2008

16 days and you're on...

There is electricity in the air, and the change of seasons has nothing to do with it. This country is on eggshells knowing that in about 16 days, we will decide who is leading this country for the next four years. It will be, one of two men who has over the last year, promised to do everything short of walking on water to get your vote. That person will be the next President of the United States of America. What we, rather what I want to know is not what have you done in the past, I want to know what can you realistically do in your first 100 days in office? The key word is ‘realistically.’ No more promises because let's face, politicians don't have a strong record for keeping them. What can you do to help restore this country to one that is not only admired, but also respected by others worldwide?

I could give you my 42cents worth (the price of U.S. postage) but I won’t. I will say please, please all Americans, use this time to do something important. Do your own research. Have a conversation with someone whose opinion you respect. Speak with someone that is on the “same page” as you are. Have a conversation with someone who may have an opposing political view. Get the ‘facts’ not the fables. Forget "reality t.v." THIS, the future of the US is true reality. Remember Declare Your Vote you still have time. YOUR VOTE does count. Your VOICE is important and MUST be heard. Out of the country but a US citizen….No excuse!! In the Military - absolutely no excuse. Above are links for absentee forms. Don’t let not being here, be a reason that you just ‘accept’ whatever the final outcome is. Someone a very long time ago fought for, died for, burned a bra or two, left a country that oppressed him or her, sat in the front of instead of the back of a bus, marched for your right to make this decision. Don’t let anyone tell you, you don’t count. Remember you could be the deciding vote…probably not, but you get the point.

November 4th – Snow, Rain or Shine – VOTE!!!

My name is Lisa and through my sometimes rose-colored view,
I approve of this message ☺

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP