Sunday, December 06, 2009

So much to dooooo

Yesterday it snowed - ok, so a few flakes which melted as they landed, but it was amazing. "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas" was running through my head the entire time. Of course, frost that was nipping at more than a few places than my nose, didn't make me a happy camper.

I realized I'd not posted anything here since Thanksgiving, so here is the long/short update.

My parents went to Spain and Morocco - in two words - LOVED IT! It's really funny to hear my dad go on, on and on about places in Spain/Morocco as if I've never been there. He usually catches himself and then just chuckles. Frankly I'm thrilled that they spent 3 weeks traveling, exploring and truly enjoying themselves. Of course the best was being at the airport in Newark to surprise them as they made their way to their connecting flight. I missed the almost daily talks with mom mom...and of course miss talking and joking with dad. Can't wait to see their pictures, especially of dad on a camel. He said that one of the camels kept trying to bite him...hmmm

Recently, I've been hanging with the band again. They are so like an extended family and it's always wonderful to see them during rehearsals. The added highlight for me this time was Sting (yep - Mr. Police himself) was also doing studio time. I am one of the biggest Sting fans and to see him in person, ok, so I became a silly-groupie. He is very, very nice and once he saw me with 'my artist', realized that I was harmless. The artist I've been hanging with is on her way to a gig in Russia. Now, there have been 2 bombings in the last week - so I'm a bit nervous for the entire team, but I believe that God/Universe will protect them. Can't wait to hear how Moscow goes.

Tonight, I'm doing something that I really love, a Christmas window pub-crawl. What's a Christmas Window Pub-Crawl - well just what it says. We'll go visit some of the best stores in NYC, look at their windows (along with every other tourist-ARGH!) and then grab a cocktail or several along the way. The merry group are hysterical to be with, it will be really cold, but no rain tonight and I can't wait to see them. Christmas (and my birthday) is my favorite holiday and I fondly remember Christmas in London, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Singapore and Fla. I think Singapore and Fla., freaked me out the most. There is something abnormal about Santa in surfer shorts....

Ok, so I've got to get ready to deck the halls (or some way-ward tourist), and bow the holly and get my fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la groove on.

OH Canada....(hint-hint, next blog entry)

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP