Thursday, December 10, 2009

Montreal, here I come!!

The song “Leaving on a jet plane” is playing in my ear. Maybe it’s because I’m leaving in a few hrs on my first solo trip in years, and I’m excited. It’s more likely because I’ve been up since yesterday 3:00am and am delirious.


So what’s so important about this trip and where am I going?



Destination: Montreal Canada

Airline: Continental Airlines

Location: Opus Montreal Hotel

Time: 3 Days

Temperature predictions: 14-31 – Brrrrr!!

Waiting at Newark airport before the crack of dawn has only one benefit – I’m here before the rush, so there is no wait at the security line.



Any liquids, perishables, explosives?” – Nah, only perishable is my string cheese, which I’m going to eat as soon as I put my shoes back on. I hate wearing my snow boots because, well you know for security purposes, you have to nearly strip before they let you go through.



Ok, I know your next question is “why have I been up for over 28 hrs?” – I wasn’t feeling well yesterday and I woke up at 3AM. Well, once I’m up, I’m up. It’s a curse!! The bottom line, I really didn’t want to take the chance of sleeping through the alarm, so I stayed up and figured that I would sleep on the plane.

Once on the plane, I settled down for what was about a 20 second nap. Between the flight attendant bumping me in the shoulder with the cart (really small plane) as soon as our beverage and pretzels were served, the captain said “we have begun our decent into Montreal.”



As I look out the window, all I see is S-N-O-W. I was prepared for it, but reality (especially when I left NY, the high for the day was going to be 50) is something different. But I’m game for a challenge and as we land I’m as excited as a child at Christmas. I’m in Montreal, a place that holds so many great memories for me and I can officially say ‘it’s a business trip’. YEA!!!

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP