Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hello Old Friend

Wow...it's been such a long time since I've been here. Life and things one wants for their life have a way of making days...no months fly by quickly. So much has changed. Some makes me incredibly happy...others deeply sad. Where does one begin.

The new business has taken off and if I'm honest, it's completely overwhelmed me. I have terrific clients and yet finding someone to help - an intern - is nearly impossible. What are kids learning in school these days? If I see a 'blast' email for employment - "delete". If I see "To whom it may concern" - delete. If I see "Dear Sir." - Oh hell yea I DELETE. People don't take the time to know whom they are addressing, why they are addressing them and/or if they are qualified to address them in the first place. If you can't take the time to make it personal...I don't have time for you. Life is personal! My business is personal!

I know (and am often reminded from someone who...well...really isn't a 'friend') that I'm not perfect. I have faults and I own them. Then again...no one is perfect. What I don't need is someone in the 'under the guise of friendship and caring' to blast me, or shoot snide remarks or being nasty. I'm so over it...and you.

The view that I see thru my lens today is from the comfort of the kitchen in NC. I haven't been here, in this house for about 3 years....and it's always nice to come 'home'. It's a beautiful day out side - Palm Sunday - and right now my parents are laughing with each other, and dinner is being prepared. I still marvel at a relationship that has lasted almost 50 years and what's more...they seem to still like each others company. They are truly friends and it shows. I wish I had that kind of relationship.

So before I leave to head back to the rat-race of NYC, I will take lots of pictures. I want to capture these memories and hold them to my heart everyday. I want the view in my life to be of family and the very, very few people I call friend.

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP