Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Ramble: The More Things Change...

Definitely the more they stay the same.

So far this year, had so many things going on that I'm not sure what to write about. I can honestly say that I am THRILLED that the New Year is finally come (despite me losing my wallet on New Years Eve...and no I wasn't drunk but I digress). 2007 was a year of challenges; I know that 2008 will be a year that I am able to get a lot more things done, and hopefully be the person I want to be.

What is it...that 'thing I want to be?'...I'm still working that part out, but I know that "CHANGE" seems to be a running theme - Nation, no Worldwide.

Politically Obama seems have surprised a lot of people - especially Hillary, by winning the first round of caucuses. In a state where there are less than 7% minority, the most Jr person in the political arena won. What does that say...is America - or at least Iowa ready for a change??

It's warm, really warm here this week. I'm not complaining, but when you have 62degree weather in the Northeast in the second week in January, you have to believe the 'global warming' chant.

The beginning of the Award season...you know the Golden, Peoples, Academy and others. Only this year due to the strike, there won't be a "Golden Globes", and I'm sad. Sad that the writers still don't have an agreement to their strike and are out of work. I've been there and know that being out of work isn't fun. Why won't the big-boys learn to play nice and share. I know interesting concept - SHARE. I'll miss the hair, dresses and jewels I can only dream of wearing, but I do applaud the actors for banding together and not crossing the picket line.

Final thoughts this week...the Spears girls - Jamie and Britney - they need help. When the public learn to stop enjoying their suffering, and the Spears find another way to SCREAM OUT FOR HELP (photo ops, and gas stations runs don't do it), then and only then will they realize that being a "star" that all the money in the world is not worth harming the next generation of children.

Who would have thought, all those months ago that Kevin would be the 'sane one'?

No comments:

About This Blog

As life goes on, I'll find new things to write about, new dreams to have, new people to love and a life worth living. I do want to take this moment to thank you for reading my blog and I hope that if you have anything to share you do. Please feel free to make suggestions, subscribe to my blog feed and know that I will do my best.
Once again...thank you for your support

Blog Archive

New Counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP